How Do I Get More Customers?
It's a common enough question "how do I get customers?" or indeed "how do I get more customers?" The answers to these questions are not as complex as you might think. We have found that the barrier to these straight forward questions is often ourselves as business owners.
How do I get more customers for my business?
Whether you are a start up or a long established business the solution is very simple and here are the steps:
1. Who is your customer bulls-eye, i.e. who is your prime target that could buy if they knew you were selling. All too often we hear owners tell us that "anyone who is a... " The problem with this type of an answer is that the word "anyone" is too vague. You need to be specific, spell out exactly the type of customer, the size of their business, what the ideal annual turnover is, maybe their geographical location. The more specific the better.
2. Sell to your existing clients - Seems silly doesn't it, duuhh! It's been our experience that if you ask your existing customers, most of them do not know your full product range. The like you, they buy off you and they are the most likely to buy more off you, you just have to tell them to.
3. Get customers for your customers- this is the most overlooked and simple source of new business for you. Think of it, if you get new clients for your customers they will be healthier as a business and you'll be surprised that over time you too will get referrals from them.
4. Who knows your customers before you do? - This takes a bit of getting your head around. But think about it, if you can become a trusted partner of a company who deals with your ideal prospects then you will have an endless supply of more customers for your business. So look through your contacts in your email or in your phone and see who might fit, and call them up today and have a coffee and a chat, maybe you know their customer before they do and you can refer new business to them.
5. Don't put off 'till tomorrow - we find that the single biggest block to getting more customers for your business is not taking immediate decisive action. Too often business owners get busy making lists, making details plans, looking for excuses to almost not take action. It should take no longer that an hour to put a simple plan together then go make some calls and set up some meetings, get into action, get results.
The list above works, the flaw in the model is you'll probably do nothing with it. Stop now and think "how do I get customers?" You must take action. If you can't or don't know how, we offer business advice and business help to owners to help them take the necessary steps.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Fergus_G_Doyle
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7190345