Goal Setting - Why Most People Fail
oal setting is one of the most effective ways to achieve success in your life. Sadly, for many people the setting of goals ends in failure, and they deem the goal setting process to not work. There are many reasons for why the goal setting process may not have worked, this article shares with you the major reasons.
· No clear direction: If the overall outcome of the goal isn't given much thought then then is a high chance that the goal will not be achieved. To over come this you need to clearly and specifically look at what it is that you actually want to achieve and what is involved in turning your dream into a reality.
· Lack of planning: Writing a goal down on a piece of paper is a good start, but there is a lot more to the goal setting process than this. As with the above dot point you need to clearly identify what is involved in achieving the goal and develop up a clear plan of action. Following on from this the goal should then be broken into sub goals.
· No daily to do list: Again, while high level goals are good, you need to be taking action every day to help make your goal a reality. This requires a thorough knowledge of the goal and a to do list which reflects the goal.
· The goal isn't important enough: You need to remind yourself just how important the goal is for you and what it will mean for you and your family. Without this, there won't be much of an incentive for you to actually want to achieve your goal.
· Time: The process of achieving a goal isn't going to be easy. It will require a lot of work, and will take away from some of your relaxation time. You need to have a solid understanding of how long your goal will take to achieve and what it will mean to your schedule.
· Dream stealers: Yes... there are people out there who will try and take away your dreams. They will put you down and tell you that it can't be done. Firstly, always consider advice, but take it with a grain of salt. If you have done the research and know what is involved you will know that it can be done... don't let people steal your dreams and goals away.
As you can see from above there area a range of reasons why goals may not be met. Now that you know the major reasons, you can use this information to make sure that your goals will be achieved.
If you want to learn how to finally achieve your goals, then check out our free goal setting e-book at Goals Setting
Rusty O'Connor has been an avid goal setter for the past 10 years and has written numerous goal setting and time management articles and has provided in-depth advice to numerous clients. Outside of goal setting and time management, Rusty enjoys Internet Marketing, rock climbing, surfing and traveling. Rusty is married with four young children and currently lives as an expat in the Middle East.
Here's to your goal setting success!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rusty_O'Connor
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7137833