Saturday, July 9, 2011
By Jenn Winiarski
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6185492
CREATING AN ACTION PLAN
Ever wonder why some people create goals for themselves, only to see them never materialize. The reason is that they do not take the actions necessary to move toward their goals. Just wanting something is not enough. To get anything in this life you need to take action. The best way to achieve any goal that you set for yourself is by making an action plan.
1. For this exercise you will need a paper and pen. If you're not already keeping a journal this might be an excellent time to start! Write down a goal that you want to make an action plan for. In time you may want to do this for every goal that you are setting. But right now it is best to start with one goal, remember small attainable steps!
2. Now list the things that you will need to do to accomplish this goal. Not sure what it will take to achieve this goal? Then this is the time to get online and do your research. Talk to people who have accomplished your goal, pick up a book. Do whatever it takes to gather all the information. To create your action plan, you must know in detail what it will take to reach your desired goal.
3. Decided on a completion date for your action plan. This is the date that you will accomplish your goal by. It is important to be realistic when setting a time line. If you need X amount of time for continuing your education, acquiring a new skill, or gaining the fitness necessary to accomplish your goal, then you will want to make sure that you factor that in to the date. This is about setting yourself up for success!
4. Break the actions that you need to take to achieve your goal into the months and weeks that lead up to the completion date that you have set. It is important and helpful to have visual weekly & monthly list of actions that you are taking to achieve your goal. This will hold you accountable as well as keep you on your timeline.
5. Refer to your action plan daily during the time you are working towards your goal. Reread what you need to do each day to turn your goal into a reality. Re-evaluate your action plan once a week or month if need be. This step will guarantee you reaching your desired goal by the completion date you set for yourself in step number three.