1. BE DECISIVE Success is a choice. You must decide what you want, why you want it, and howyou plan to achieve it. No one else can,will,or should do that for you.
2. STAY FOCUSEDA close relative to being decisive, but your ability to sustain you focusfrom beginning to end determines the timing and condition of youroutcomes.
3. WELCOME FAILUREThe fundamental question is not whether you should accept failure. You haveno choice but to except it as a temporary condition on the path way ofprogress. Rather, the question is how to anticipate failure andredirect resources to grow from the experience.
4. WRITE DOWN GOALSYour mind while blessed with permanent memory is cursed with lousy recall.People forget things. Avoid temptation of being cute. Write down yougoals.
5. PLAN THROUGHLYPlanning saves 10 to 1 execution. Proper planning prevents poor performance.
6. INVOLVE OTHERSNobody goes through life alone. Establish your own "Personal Board ofDirectors", people whose wisdom, knowledge, and character you respectto help you achieve yourgoals.
7. TAKE PURPOSEFUL ACTIONSuccess is not a spectator sport-achievement demands action. You cannot expectto arrive at success without having made the trip.
8. REWARD YOURSELFRewards work! Think of what you will give yourself as a result of you hard work, focus and persistence - you deserve it!
9. INSPECT WHAT YOU EXPECTThe shelf life of all plans is limited. No plans holds up againstopposition. Everything changes. Therefore inspect frequently andclosely, it's an insurance policy of your success.
10. MAINTAIN PERSONAL INTEGRITYMaintain your commitment to your commitment. Set your goals; promise yourselfthat you will achieve them. Eliminate wiggle room and excuses.
"Your power to choose the direction of your life allows you to reinventyourself, to change you future, and to powerfully influence the rest ofcreation."~ Stephen R. Covey