Keeping a positive attitude at the work placeis easier with these key steps
The following steps to maintain a positive attitude at the work place could help you to take it easy and be at peace with the job situation you currently have:
- Firstly, remember always that what you give in, you take out. So if you have a bad job, badly paid or with terrible bosses, ask yourself what are you doing to manifest that reality. What attitude do you keep towards your job?
Be relaxed and smiley and you will soon see how that reflects around you.
- Start looking at your job with kind eyes. Make a list of all the positive aspects of your job: perhaps you work in an office and don't have to suffer the weather; perhaps you deal with people that you can learn from. Find inspiration in these reasons to go to work.
When you focus on the good aspects of your job and feel thankful for them, you attract more of them.
- Talk about what works. As in every job, not everything is perfect or goes well. But if you've realized, most people at work talk about what does not work.
You can choose to make a difference and talk about what does work: the way the new software has made a certain task easier, the good relationships with whatever manager, the last accomplishment of the company.
- Be diligent and proactive. On the one hand, if you don't like your tasks you will "suffer" them for longer if you delay doing them.
On the other hand, when you finish all you have to do you achieve a sense of accomplishment and the inner peace that everything is done.
- Do the most difficult thing. For a certain time, I chose to do the most difficult thing at my job. That not only made me feel great about my capabilities, but also helped me grow as a person and gained me a promotion and a pay rise within six months. Much more than I had bargained for!
- Be positive. Whether you have problems at home or in any other area, or feel negative for any reason, don't be the complainer that goes around telling how difficult your life is.
You don't want to give the image of someone who cannot deal with life, but rather of someone who accepts what is and has a positive attitude outlook. Everybody wants to associate with a positive person; a negative person is frequently avoided.
- Remember that everyone is doing the best they can with what they know at each moment. Sometimes I may think, "Why does that person keeps on doing that task in such a terrible manner?", and stir in myself negative feelings; it does help a lot to remember that everybody is doing the best they can, just like you, and that nobody has an instructions manual on how to do everything perfectly.
- Ideally you would relate to everybody, but make it a point to relate to positive people specially. Go with your intuition and your observations on those people who always have a smile, who talk about possibilities, and who show a zest for life.
"Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." -Mark Twain